Saturday, December 06, 2008

Something Different


This news is a couple weeks old, but I still want to share it. In the first place, when I shared about our SIM team, I forgot someone. Christina Holder is a journalist who has been here since June, doing some work for SIM and some freelance work. (SORRY, Christina! I didn't have a picture of you!) She also organized an art show at the museum in Monrovia (yes, we do have an official museum, at least a building called a museum) featuring several local artists and some of their works relating to their wartime and post-war experiences and perceptions. The boys and I went to see it and enjoyed the paintings. Since art is not something we talk about much here, I thought you might be interested in seeing them.
Christina posted the paintings on her blog and here is the link: http://beautifullybroken.typepad.com/liberia/2008/11/peace-dance-ii.html
You'll enjoy her other blog entries and also there should be links to her articles.
This links to her features on the SIM website that are about Liberia:
http://www.sim.org/index.php/category/stories/country/LR
Christina leaves next Friday but is hoping to return to Liberia, probably to do more free lance writing. If you read her work, you will see that God has given her a compassionate insight into the lives and hearts of people here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick. My wife and are coming to Monrovia in March with a team that is going to work at an orphanage run by ACFI. We are also working to try and help ACFI improve their adoption and sponsorship program. I am trying to figure out a scenario where we can bring a computer for them and get it hooked up to the internet there. I'm trying to research different internet scenarios considering that they do not have consistent power. Would you have a moment to email me a few thoughts? My email is drut AT spotlight1 DOT com.