Thursday, January 22, 2015

First Days Back

Here is an update from Rick, covering his first impressions and activities back in Liberia.  The post links to CNN for the rest of the blog.  We pray that through the publication of his blog, people will gain a greater understanding of the needs of West Africa in the aftermath of the Ebola crisis.
 
 
Wow!  It's 9:30 p.m. Sunday (January 18) and I am beat. Might fall asleep. Guess I will find out how the Patriots did in the AFC playoff tomorrow (the game would have started at 11:40 p.m. local time). I arrived here in Liberia Friday evening, January 16, after a 26 hour trip (three flights with a long layover in Brussels), with my seven pieces of luggage, filled mostly with donated drugs and supplies for ELWA Hospital, the ministry SIM runs just outside Monrovia.
 
I've spent some time catching up with our SIM Liberia country director, Will, who just got back here from the UK about five days ago, and Dr. John, my colleague who has been anchoring the hospital medical staff throughout the Ebola crisis.
 
Because I wasn't due to report for work until Monday, we decided to clean the apartment where I had stayed in August, as it had been unoccupied since I left.
 
Read the remainder of this blog post on the CNN website:
Keep on praying for Rick and the SIM-Liberia and ELWA team!  Many transitions ahead.
 
 
 
 

No comments: